Crazy stuff I googled this week...
The learning curve is pretty steep and rapid here at Three Dog Farm-figuring it out as I go! There's been a whole lotta googling going on! Check it out:
1. Google search: When to move baby chicks to the outside coop? (Answer: when they are “fully feathered”)
2. Google search: What the f#@* does a “fully feathered” chicken look like?
3. Google search: Is it normal for young chickens to sleep in a pile? (Answer: yup.)
4. Google search: How can I monitor my chickens while they are in the coop? (Answer: led me down an message board worm-hole.)
5. Amazon almost-purchase: baby monitor (Decided against it. Felt too much like crazy-chicken lady. Girls, you’re on your own out there.)
6. Google search: How to predator proof a chicken run (searched after a fox killed a squirrel twenty yards from the chicken run)
7. Google search: Can foxes chew through chicken wire? (Answer-heck yeah, use something stronger)
8. Google search: What does a vinca vine look like? (Answer: exactly like the vine that’s a ground cover in their run)
9. Google search: Is Vinca vine poisonous to chickens? Like, how poisonous? If they eat a leaf should I panic or are they smart enough to not consume mass quantities of something that will kill them? (Answer-they are actually pretty smart but they since it’s in their run and it’s a hallucinogen you might want to hack it back a bit…otherwise I may have a bunch of chickens taking a psychedelic trip. Yikes!)
10. Google search: Raising ducks on a hobby farm (Uh-oh….😂🤪😂)